Dayen      October 23, 2020
Cash apps are very popular because of their increasing scams these days. Now and then we get to hear a new incident of hacking and scams on a cash app. This is causing so much loss to the customers and they are switching to other applications. Amid all this, the main question that arises in the mind of customers is that will they ever get their money back or more precisely will Cash app refund money if scammed? If you want to get an answer to this then you have to read the entire blog.
In most cases, a cash app doesn’t take any responsibility for the money customers are losing in scams. At the same time, cash apps sternly look for the root causes of these scams to stop them. If you are observing something suspicious on your account then you can report it to the team. This will surely help them to spot hackers and spam accounts. Cash app users can contact Cash app if I was scammed to get their money back. Moreover, cash app executives will suggest you raise a chargeback with the merchant or bank to get a refund.
Also, you can follow these steps to contact Cash app if I was scammed on the cash app.
- Launch the cash app application on your mobile.
- Click on the profile icon on the top right corner.
- Scroll down the page and click on the “Cash Support” option.
- Click on “Something Else” and select an issue from the list.
- Again, click on the “Contact Support” option to submit the request.
The cash app team will sternly check your issue and revert you. Generally, t you will get a response in 12-24 hours. However, if you are facing another issue then you can also choose to call on the automatic assistant number of the cash app.
How can I secure my cash app?
People are facing different types of issues in their routine with these online applications. People get a victim of scams and hacking activity on cash apps very commonly. So, we are providing you with some methods to protect your account from hackers are the main optimal security.
- Make payments to known persons only: Cash app users are requested to make payments to the person or merchants whom they know personally. Unknown people can use your transaction details for phishing activity. Additionally, hackers and scammers also know to hack accounts with the help of the available information.
- Check details before making payment: The most important rule of online payment is to enter the correct information. The second important thing that you need to do while making an online payment is to thoroughly check the entered details. Sending money mistakenly to someone is a different thing, but if you are making any payment to the hacked account then it is even riskier.
- Do not log your banking applications or online payment applications on multiple devices. This will allow scammers to reach your account more easily. Additionally, if you are paying to an unknown merchant then make sure that he is having a verified account. If not then avoid making online transactions.
- Hackers are using advanced techniques these days. They don’t even require your password or any other account details to check the information saved on your device. So, it is better to maintain optimum precautions rather than regretting the loss later.
Apart from this, cash app users can also enable multiple passwords and two-step authentication on their account to get instant notification of all activities.